Organic Spiced Lentils
Organic Puy Lentils with Green Beans & Mint
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 red chilli chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or I prefer coconut oil
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 200g organic road puy lentils
- 200g pumpkin 2cm cubes
- 200g green beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1/3 cup natural yoghurt
Heat oil in a large saucepan add onion, garlic and ginger stir till golden add spices cook one minute.
Add tomato, lentils, pumpkin and enough water to cover vegetables, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, or until lentils are soft.
Add beans cook further 3 minutes. Gently stir in mint and lightly season. Serve with a spoon of yoghurt.